Monday, June 16, 2008

Bone Tired...

Have you ever actually been "bone tired"? So exhausted that your bones actually ache with weariness?

That's how I feel tonight. Actually, I have felt that way for a while now. I can't seem to catch up on rest and get passed it, either. These passed six months have been a juggling act for me with my job and the rest of my life. I have been neglecting most of my friends for more time with work. And when I do have time to spend with friends, I really just don't seem to have it in me. I think a lot of them are taking it personally, but to any of you reading this, please don't! I'm neglecting everyone! I can't seem to find the balance. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to find it with the workload I have right now, either. You can't really balance two jobs with the rest of your life. It's difficult enough to balance one. Until we hire a new Music Director at my church, I am working for two. It's been about six months now, and I am getting closer and closer to the middle of the candle that I've been burning at both ends.

Anyway, this is one of those nights where I want to scream and cry and make someone notice and feel sorry for me! Tell me that it's all going to be better very soon and that I just need to hang in there! By the way Rachel, you're doing an amazing job! We're so proud of you for taking on this load! If it makes it any more bearable, the rest of us haven't even noticed a single hiccup since you've been in charge. Really! The transition has been so easy and that's really thanks to you. So, way to go, Rachel!

sigh... I needed that...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

it's all going to be better very soon! You just need to hang in there! You're doing an amazing job! I'm so proud of you for taking on this load! If it makes it any more bearable, the rest of us haven't even noticed a single hiccup-- Well, you know the rest...

Meghan said...

You are wonderful. I know a little bit of how you're feeling.

Just a bit. ;-)

Blessings and peace to you, friend.

Anonymous said...

you are loved
and prayed for
and loved
and thought of
and loved
...
...

Kelli said...

hey beautiful friend...know i'm thinking of you. even though i don't see the behind the scenes, you are doing an AMAZING job to make things work on sundays...for real! i think no one even notices that an entire staff person is missing to make what you make happen each sunday. you should be SO very proud of yourself! i'm proud..if that means anything. :)

i'm praying for rest...for courage...strength...wisdom...for His provision....and especially that He reveals to your heart how precious and LOVED you are!