Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mr. Young

I met an amazing man on Tuesday night! His name is Paul Young and he is the author of "The Shack". Now, let's stop right here for a second and discuss this book a little bit.
If you haven't read this book... READ IT!!! Seriously, I can't say enough great things about it. It has changed my relationship with God so incredibly, that human words cannot fully describe.
There, now that being said, he came and spoke at the first summer addition of 722 at church. They are doing a really cool thing this summer where during the three times they will meet, they are interviewing authors who have written some pretty amazing books. And last night was the first installment with Mr. Young talking about his book.
I have to say that I have seen a lot of speakers in my lifetime and so many of them have been really solid spiritually, and even pretty darn cool! But this guy blew them all away!!! It would be pointless for me to try to convey all that he was in front of about 2,000 people last night, so instead I will just suggest that you go to the 722 website and listen for yourself. If it's not up already, it should be up later today.
I promise, it will be worth the listen and worth the read...

1 comment:

Danny said...

Yeah. Read it. Amazing.