Wednesday, January 30, 2008

start/stop

ok, so I think I have a problem with starting and stopping projects...

I have been straightening up around my place this morning, and I have noticed all sorts of little projects that I started and fully intended to finish, but have not...

...here's the list, so far...

1. I bought a really cute shelf to hang in my bathroom, BACK IN AUGUST, and it is still wrapped up and leaning against the wall in the entryway of my apartment.
2. I purchased and hung new drapes all throughout the place when I moved in and I still have yet to hem any of them. So they are fraying and dragging on the bottom, and my cats believe them to be "toys" for their entertainment.
3. I seem to have a never ending pile of books that I have started, but never have time to finish. If my reading time is so limited, why do I start new ones when I should finish an old one first?
4. And for that matter, why do I re-read old favorites when I should be tackling the list of new adventures yet to be discovered?
5. Part of my apartments decor has become the piles of framed pictures that are leaning against the walls in various rooms instead of hanging on them.
6. I bought a 1000 piece puzzle last night at Border's (along with a couple of new books, UGH!) and for the life of me, I don't know when I will put it together.
Probably later this weekend when I should be hanging things...

...anybody else do this kind of stuff?!?

3 comments:

tim said...

oh.. please don't get me started... i have two of those cool, framed, bridge-architecture drawings leaning against the wall in our "office" ... the office that I used back when I worked at Lucent Technologies... you know.. where I worked before coming to my present job.. back in the year.. two-thousand-and-three!!

I can't get myself to go outside the office to describe the other unfinished projects in my house...

I loath myself...

Kelli said...

oh please! i am right there with you! i have nothing hanging on my bedroom walls because i haven't taken the time to do that...i've lived here well over a year.

but my all-time fav is taking care of my car...i have needed new tires, windshield wipers, blinker light, and oil change for months now. add to that, i have two returns in my back seat that have sat there for almost two months. ekk!

what's wrong with me?!

Anonymous said...

I can testify to the stack of partially read books. They're like crack for me. I guess there are worse thing to be addicted to.

www.truthinsoliloquy.wordpress.com